Downtown

Brooklyn Law School hosts DA’s office annual Hanukkah celebration

December 15, 2023 Robert Abruzzese, Courthouse Editor
Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez (right) and Brooklyn Law School Dean and President David Meyer (left) stand together at the annual Hanukkah celebration held at Brooklyn Law School. The gathering, graced by notable community leaders, highlighted the collaboration between the DA’s Office and educational institutions in promoting cultural awareness and community engagement during the festive season.Photos courtesy of the Brooklyn DA’s Office

The Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office commemorated Hanukkah with an annual celebration at Brooklyn Law School on Wednesday, Dec. 13. The event was marked by the presence of children from Ramaz Middle School, who added to the festive spirit by singing holiday songs.

District Attorney Eric Gonzalez enjoys a cheerful moment with middle school students from Ramaz Middle School, who contributed to the Hanukkah event's festive atmosphere with their holiday songs.
District Attorney Eric Gonzalez enjoys a cheerful moment with middle school students from Ramaz Middle School, who contributed to the Hanukkah event’s festive atmosphere with their holiday songs.

In attendance were numerous leaders from the Jewish community, coming together to share in the holiday’s festivities and symbolize unity among neighbors, families and friends. Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez expressed his gratitude for the community’s participation in the celebration. 

The middle school students from Ramaz Middle School captivate the audience with their enchanting holiday songs during the DA’s Office annual Hanukkah Celebration.

“Thank you to all who joined us this afternoon for our annual Hanukkah celebration to share in the festivities and in unity with neighbors, family and friends,” Gonzalez stated.

Subscribe to our newsletters

He further shared a message on social media, highlighting the significance of the first night of Hanukkah. 

District Attorney Eric Gonzalez (center) is joined by prominent Jewish community leaders, including Rabbi Eliyahu Raskin, the rabbi for Jewish law students in Downtown Brooklyn (far right), and Rabbi Aaron Raskin (second from left).

“This evening marks the first night of Hanukkah. It is a time of joy and festivity; a time to gather with loved ones and share triumphs and miracles,” Gonzalez wrote. He extended warm wishes to all who celebrate the festival, hoping that “the light of the Menorah shine brightly in your hearts and homes.”