Food trucks return outside Barclays Center this Saturday
This Saturday, July 6, marks the return of Barclays Center’s food truck + music experiment, with six popular NYC food trucks and live music from Brooklyn-based band Underground Horns.
From their press release:
Barclays Center and its developer Forest City Ratner Companies have partnered with Dispatch, a food truck event production company, to bring the food trucks to the Daily News Plaza from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visitors will be able to enjoy their food selections at bistro-style tables and chairs set up throughout the plaza. Underground Horns (@UndergrndHorns) will fill the plaza with their unique blend of funk, jazz, hip hop, brass and African beats from 1 to 2 p.m. Follow the action online with #BrooklynTrucks!
This is the second of three summer Saturdays of food trucks at Daily News Plaza, the final one coming up on September 7. Participating food trucks for July 6th include:
- Momos & Buns (@Getstuffednow): Momos & Buns, the food truck by Chinese Mirch which fuses Indian and Chinese flavors, serves up momo dumplings, bowls, Chinese buns with Indian fillings and their signature Mango Lassi and Bubble Tea.
- Andy’s Italian Ices (@AndysItalianIce): Andy’s Italian Ices is a gourmet Italian ice truck with more than 45 mouth-watering flavors, including banana chip, kiwi, pomegranate, PB&J, hazelnut, espresso chunk and more.
- Phil’s Steaks (@PhilsSteaks): Philly cheesesteaks come to Brooklyn with Phil’s Steaks, premium beef served on Amoroso rolls with your choice of cheese and toppings.
- Gorilla Cheese NYC (@gcnyc1): Tasty variations on the classic grilled cheese is what you’ll find at Gorilla Cheese, served on fresh local breads with diverse cheeses and sides including mac and cheese, tomato soup and tater tots.
- Kimchi Taco Truck (@kimchitruck): This popular Korean BBQ food truck offers traditional fresh kimchi bowls as well as street food classics, including tacos, burritos and — a culinary first — the Tofu Edamame Falafel Taco.
- Coolhaus Ice Cream Sandwiches (@CoolHausNY): As the weather gets warmer, everyone’s favorite Coolhaus build-your-own ice cream sandwiches will be available with their creative flavors and delicious cookies.
Leave a Comment
Leave a Comment