Coney Island

Brooklyn Court Attorney William Neri installed as president of Cathedral Club

June 24, 2024 Robert Abruzzese, Courthouse Editor
William A. Neri Sr., Esq. is sworn in as president of the Cathedral Club of Brooklyn by Hon. Vincent Del Giudice, with his son William Jr. in his arms. Photos courtesy of Maria Neri

William Neri, principal court attorney in the Kings County Supreme Court and an adjunct professor of law at New York Law School, has been installed as president of the Cathedral Club of Brooklyn during its 125th Anniversary Year. 

The ceremony took place at the club’s annual Speakers and Scholarship Awards Night at Gargiulo’s Restaurant in Coney Island on Tuesday, June 18, where five high school students were awarded scholarships to support their Catholic high school education.

“It’s a proud moment tonight, as I was sworn in as president of the Cathedral Club of Brooklyn,” said Neri. He also extended special thanks to his wife, Maria Neri, Esq., and their children for their support during the occasion.

Neri has had an extensive career in law and education. Since August 2019, he has been an adjunct professor of law at New York Law School, teaching first-year Advanced Legal Methods and upper-level Criminal Procedure courses. In his role at the Kings County Supreme Court since April 2018, he serves as principal court attorney to the presiding Kings County homicide judge.

William A. Neri Sr., Esq. delivers a speech following his installation as president of the Cathedral Club of Brooklyn during its 125th Anniversary celebration.

Previously, Neri worked as a senior assistant district attorney at the Kings County District Attorney’s Office from January 2013 to April 2018, where he prosecuted misdemeanor and felony cases, conducted long-term wiretap investigations, and handled constitutional pretrial hearings and criminal trials. From July 2011 to January 2013, he was an associate attorney at Wenig Saltiel LLP, focusing on real estate litigation. Before entering law, he served as a paramedic with the New York City Fire Department from June 2003 to August 2008.

Neri earned his juris doctor from New York Law School in 2011 and a bachelor of science in criminal justice from Empire State University in 2008. He is a member of several legal organizations, including the Kings County Criminal Bar Association, Columbian Lawyers Association and Bay Ridge Lawyers Association, where he has been a committee member since 2014. 

Neri has served on the Board of Governors and as recording secretary of the Cathedral Club of Brooklyn and has been an organizer and CLE coordinator for the Court Attorneys of Kings Supreme Criminal Term.