East Flatbush

One man killed, another in critical condition after East Flatbush shooting

June 3, 2020 Nicholas Williams
Share this:

Two older men were fatally shot in a vehicle outside an East Flatbush housing complex Tuesday afternoon within the confines of the 67th precinct.

Police responded to a call around 6:05 p.m. at East 92nd Street and Church Avenue, where they found a 58-year-old and a 66-year-old with multiple gunshot wounds to the torso inside a vehicle, according to police. The suspects have still not been caught, and police are still investigating the incident.

The 58-year-old man was transported to Kings County Hospital and is in critical condition, likely to die. The 66-year-old man was transported to Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 6:29 p.m., police said.

Subscribe to our newsletters

“It’s a shock,” one resident of the East Flatbush area by the name of Cheryl said. “Especially, it is two older guys, it’s a shock. They were sitting down, they was just chilling, eating.”

Another resident said that she was spooked by around five or six shots, which she heard from across the street in her building.

Police officers roped off the area. Photo: Nicholas Williams/Brooklyn Eagle

Both passenger side windows and the driver seat window of the vehicle were shattered. Two bullet holes can also be seen on the passenger side door and three bullet holes can be seen on the driver seat door.

Face masks, gloves, and a t-shirt covered in blood were seen on the floor outside near the driver seat of the vehicle.

Citywide there have been 139 reported murders this year, increasing the percentage from from 2019 by 18.8 percent. There has been one reported murder, seven cases of shooting victims, and six cases of shooting incidents over the span of 28 days within the 67th Precinct, according to police data.

This shooting came a couple of hours before Mayor Bill de Blasio’s 8 p.m. curfew that was put in place as a response to the ongoing protests in New York City over the death of Minneapolis man, George Floyd.

Later on Tuesday night, according to the New York Post, Police opened fire and shot an armed man after a standoff where police ordered the man to drop his weapon. The man allegedly shot another man before the standoff.

The shooting incident happened after 9 p.m. at the Kingsborough Houses in Crown Heights. Police recovered a gun at the scene.

Leave a Comment

Leave a Comment