Brooklyn Half Marathon will close these streets on Saturday
It’s springtime in Brooklyn — and that means the more ambitious among us will be setting out to run 13.1 miles down the borough’s streets on Saturday in the Brooklyn Half Marathon.
Runners will travel from the Brooklyn Museum to the Coney Island boardwalk, causing street closures throughout the city from early, early in the morning into the afternoon. The race will start in two waves, one at 7 a.m. and one at 7:45 a.m., and will allow three hours for runners to reach the finish line.
Here are the streets that will be closed Saturday, May 18, at the discretion of NYPD.
- Eastern Parkway between Grand Army Plaza and Bedford Avenue
- Washington Avenue between Eastern Parkway and Empire Boulevard
- Empire Boulevard between Washington Avenue and Flatbush Avenue
- Flatbush Avenue between Empire Boulevard and Grand Army Plaza
- Grand Army Plaza (Entire Circle)
- Ocean Avenue between Flatbush Avenue and Parkside Avenue
- Parkside Avenue between Ocean Avenue and Park Circle
- West Lake Drive between East Drive and South Lake Drive
- South Lake Drive between West Lake Drive and East Lake Drive
- East Lake Drive between South Lake Drive and East Drive
- West Drive between East Drive and West Lake Drive
- Park Circle between South Lake Drive and Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp
- Ocean Parkway between Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp and Surf Avenue
- Surf Avenue between Ocean Parkway and West 19th Street
- West 10th Street between Surf Avenue and Boardwalk
- West 15th Street between Surf Avenue and Boardwalk
For more info, visit the New York Road Runners website.
Leave a Comment
Leave a Comment