More food vendors announced for Time Out’s Empire Stores food market
Time Out Market, operated by the parent company Time Out New York, announced more vendors for its planned 21,000-square-foot food market within DUMBO’s Empire Stores.
The newly announced vendors, according to 6sqft, include the following:
- NURish, serving classics from the Gramercy Park Middle Eastern restaurant Nur
- Breads Bakery and Sandwich Shop, known for producing handmade, artisanal breads and other bakery items, such as the well-known Breads Bakery BABKA
- Mr. Taka, a Japanese ramen shop that currently has a location on the Lower East Side
- BKLYN Wild, which will feature a purely vegan menu
- Pat LaFrieda, where carnivores and omnivores can enjoy sandwiches, burgers and hot dogs
- Ice & Vice, a Lower East Side “experimental ice cream shop” offering ice cream, sorbet and frozen yogurt
- Loco Coco, which offers vegan smoothies and smoothie bowls.
These join the previously announced vendors: Juliana’s, Reserve Cut, Bessou, Clinton Street Baking Company and Restaurant, Miss Ada, Alta Calidad, Jacob’s Pickles, Felice, DŌ and Avocaderia. The food hall is scheduled to open this spring.
The market will occupy two floors within Empire Stores, the 19th-century warehouse complex on the waterfront at Brooklyn Bridge Park that once stored sugar and coffee but then sat virtually empty for many years.
In 2013, Midtown Equities acquired the building and announced plans to turn it into a hub for 21st-century Brooklyn, with offices, retail (West Elm is the anchor tenant), a rooftop beer garden, and space for cultural institutions.
Leave a Comment
Leave a Comment