Wanna know the latest Bay Ridge house prices?
Eye on Real Estate
Money can’t buy me love.
A house with a yard and a garage in Bay Ridge would be far better.
Love’s evanescent, a fancy that can evaporate in an instant.
But a house in Bay Ridge will be a thing of beauty — a valuable thing — for a long time.
We dug up some details from city Finance Department records about recent Bay Ridge property sales to give you an idea of how much neighborhood homes cost these days.
A house with a swimming pool
* A married couple bought a standalone house at 8220 Colonial Road for $2.6 million, Finance Department records indicate. The sellers had purchased it for $1.6 million in 2006.
The property is on the corner of 83rd Street.
According to a listing by House-N-Key, which brokered the sale, the home has a master suite plus three other large bedrooms, a fireplace in the sitting room and an outdoor heated swimming pool.
Two houses with $2.5 million price tags
* A standalone house at 259 84th St. with a wraparound porch and a hilltop lawn changed hands in a $2.5 million transaction, Finance Department records show.
According to a posting by Jabour Realty, the listing broker, the stand-alone stucco house has six bedrooms.
The sellers had purchased it for $1.2 million in a 2010 estate sale, Finance Department records indicate.
* A house at 8035 Harbor View Terrace just sold for $2.5 million. House-N-Key brokered the sale. The seller had owned it since 1969, Finance Department records show.
It’s got Tudor touches and nice landscaping.
The exterior of another house on this tiny street, 8070 Harbor View Terrace, appears on every episode of CBS TV’s popular series “Blue Bloods.” It’s the fictional home of New York City Police Commissioner Frank Reagan, who is played by Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winner Tom Selleck.
Two renovation projects
* A married couple bought a stand-alone house at 8056 Narrows Ave. for $3.68 million. The seller had owned it since 1982, Finance Department records show.
Renovation is underway, so the house isn’t photogenic at the moment.
According to online info posted by Jabour Realty, which had the listing, 8056 Narrows Ave. is a five-bedroom house on an 80-by-109-foot lot with a two-car garage.
* A Colonial house at nearby 7923 Colonial Road sold for $1.98 million, Finance Department records indicate.
It has five bedrooms, a living room with a fireplace and a one-car garage, a posting on Zillow.com says.
This property is on the corner of 80th Street. It is under renovation at the moment.
A limestone rowhouse on the unofficial Doctors’ Row
* Limestone rowhouses are also much-loved Bay Ridge purchases.
They can be found on Doctors’ Row, which is the Bay Ridge Parkway block between Fourth and Fifth avenues, and also on the unofficial second Doctors’ Row, which is the 77th Street block between Fourth and Fifth avenues.
A married couple bought a lovely barrel-front limestone rowhouse in that latter location for $1.35 million. Its address is 421 77th St.
The transaction was an estate sale, Finance Department records indicate.
Leave a Comment
Leave a Comment