62nd Precinct Police Beat: Father hits son in face with belt buckle, lovers’ quarrel leads to knife fight

January 26, 2016 Anna Spivak
Share this:

Between Saturday, January 23 and Monday, January 25, the 62nd Precinct receive reports of one robbery, two felony assaults and one burglary. The 62nd Precinct serves Bensonhurst, Bath Beach and Gravesend.


Four unknown perps threatened and robbed a 31-year-old taxi driver of $400 on Monday, January 25 at around 1:30 a.m. Cops say the driver picked up the four men near the corner of McDonald Avenue and Kings Highway where they asked to be taken to 65th and West Fourth Streets.

Upon arriving at the destination, the perp sitting in the front seat exited the car while a second perp, sitting in the back, also left the car and held the door open while a third perp put a knife to the driver’s throat and said “Give us everything. Give us the money.” In the meantime, the fourth perp searched the car while also yelling, “Give us the money. He’s going to cut you.” The perps made off with the cash but the 31-year-old told police that he has video of the perps in the car.


A 43-year-old man hit his 14-year-old son in the face with a belt buckle on Saturday, January 23, according to cops. The pair was arguing inside their apartment house near 79th Street and 18th Avenue at around 4 p.m. when the 43-year-old whipped his son in the face with the buckle, causing visible redness and bruising. Cops later arrested the man.


A husband and wife were arrested on Sunday, January 24 after an argument between them turned into a stabbing fight, according to cops. The 56-year-old woman told police that her husband, 60, grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed her in the leg after their argument at around 4: 15 p.m. inside their Kings Highway and West Third Street apartment. The husband then told cops that his wife retaliated by stabbing him in the chest. The pair was removed to NYU Lutheran before being taken into custody.


An 18th Avenue jewelry store was broken into and found to be missing various merchandise totaling $102,000, cops say. The 53-year-old store owner told police that upon entering the store on Sunday, January 24, he noticed a large hole in the ceiling and assorted jewelry removed from the front cases and displays. The stolen property included gold bracelets, neck chains, pendants and watches. Cops determined that the burglar gained entry through the roof. The store was equipped with “dummy cameras” so there is no available footage of the incident.

Leave a Comment

Leave a Comment