Brooklyn Boro

Brooklyn man sentenced to 40 Years to life in prison for murder of two men

December 2, 2015 Brooklyn Daily Eagle
Raul Correa, 61. Photo courtesy of the Brooklyn DA’s Office

Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson announced Wednesday that a 61-year-old man has been sentenced on two counts of second-degree murder and second-degree criminal possession of a weapon for the 2013 shooting death of two men outside a home in East New York.
 
“This defendant shot and killed two men in an act of senseless gun violence,” said Thompson. “Today’s sentence holds this defendant accountable for his deadly violent actions.”
 
The DA identified the defendant as Raul Correa, 61, of East New York. The defendant was sentenced Wednesday by Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Neil Firetog to 40 years to life in prison. He was convicted on Nov. 12, 2015 of two counts of second-degree murder and second-degree criminal possession of a weapon following a jury trial.
 
Thompson said that according to trial testimony, on Oct. 18, 2013 at approximately 8:30 p.m., outside of a home located at 202 Pennsylvania Ave. in East New York, the defendant fired shots at the victims, striking and killing both men. The shooting was in retaliation for an assault earlier that evening, according to testimony. The victims were not involved in the earlier assault.
 

—Information from the Brooklyn DA’s Office


Leave a Comment


Leave a Comment