72nd Precinct Police Beat: Perp strikes victim in head with baseball bat during altercation

November 25, 2015 Jaime DeJesus
Share this:

Between Sunday, November 15 and Sunday, November 22, the 72nd Precinct received reports of one attempted burglary, two attempted robberies and two assaults. The 72nd Precinct serves Sunset Park, Greenwood Heights and South Park Slope.


Cops say that a man was beaned with a baseball bat near 45th Street and Fifth Avenue on the evening of Sunday, November 22 after he got into a fight with a 34-year-old Hispanic man, the second time the two of them had argued. The victim was rushed to NYU Lutheran Medical Center.

A suspect was arrested on the scene.


Cops have arrested a 26-year-old Hispanic man they say attempted to hold up a deli near Fourth Avenue and 41st Street on Tuesday, November 17 at approximately 10:35 p.m.

According to police, the suspect demanded that the store’s employees give him money from the cash register. When the clerk told the alleged perp that he didn’t have any money and asked him to leave the store, he threatened to return with a gun. Cops arrived at the store about five minutes later, and arrested the suspect when he returned.


According to police, a man suffered injuries to his hand and leg on Sunday, November 15 at approximately 9:06 p.m. after he was assaulted near Seventh Avenue and 46th Street by a 38-year-old Asian man who hit him repeatedly with a wooden stick. The victim was taken to Maimonides Medical Center.

Cops arrested the suspect on assault charges.


Cops say that a 26-year-old Hispanic man assaulted another man who was walking home near 40th Street and Fourth Avenue on Monday, November 16, at approximately 6:35 a.m. Police report that the assailant punched the victim in the head and stole several items.

Cops arrested the alleged perp on the scene.


Police have arrested a 32-year-old white man who they say scaled a wall to break into an apartment building near Seventh Avenue and 59th Street  on Sunday, November 22 at approximately 10:30 a.m.,  stealing metal and copper piping. As the suspect attempted to exit the building, cops say, he was stopped by a witness.

The suspect was arrested a short time later.

Leave a Comment

Leave a Comment