Etiquette Boss: A gentleman’s quiz
A gentleman’s quiz – suits
- When wearing a light colored suit, should your tie or pocket square be (a) light or (b) dark?
- If you are not wearing a tie with a suit, should your shirt collar be (a) large or (b) small?
- To test the proper fit for a jacket, should you be able to place your (a) fist or (b) palm, between your jacket and your shirt?
- If you are short, should your suit jacket be buttoned (a) halfway or (b) three quarters, between your shoulders and the bottom of the jacket?
- Should the bottom buttons of a double-breasted jacket always be (a) opened or (b) closed?
- What two suits should be the first in a man’s closet: (a) charcoal grey/navy or (b) black/brown?
- Proportion is key to a good fit. Should (a) short men or (b) tall men wear no cuffs on suit pants and narrow lapels on suits?
- Regarding your trouser break, how many horizontal dimples/creases are allowed before the pants are considered too long: (a) one (b) two or (c) three?
- Which jacket goes best with jeans (a) sport coat (b) blazer or (c) suit jacket?
- How much of your shirt sleeves should be exposed when wearing a suit: (a) ¼ inch (b) ½ inch (c) the shirt sleeves should be hidden?
- How much of your shirt collar should be exposed when standing in a suit: (a) ½ inch, (b) ¼ inch (c) 1 inch?
Answers: 1 (b), 2 (b), 3 (a), 4 (a), 5 (a), 6 (a), 7 (a), 8(a), 9 (a or b), 10 (b), 11(b).
Beauty Tips –
Summer will soon be here and we would certainly like to shed the dull winter complexions. Here is a recipe that I will certainly try this week. It is called the “Complexion Renewer” by Diane Irons in her book, 911 Beauty Secrets.
Warm ½ cup of canned coconut milk in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in two tablespoons of honey. Massage into skin and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water. The lactic acid in the coconut milk exfoliates and conditions skin while the honey hydrates the dry skin.
Phillipa Morrish is the president of Etiquette Training International.
Leave a Comment
Leave a Comment