Grill Lean for Great Taste
(Family Features) Take advantage of the longer, warmer days before winter arrives by whipping up tasty grilled meals that are delicious and healthy for the whole family. Using lean cuts of beef is a great way to cut down calories and fat, but it doesn’t have to reduce the grilled flavors you love.For the best results when grilling, choose quality meats that are 92 percent lean or higher, naturally raised and contain no hormones or antibiotics, to ensure you are packing in flavor without harmful ingredients. Products such as Laura’s Lean Beef ribeye steaks or ground beef are easy to prepare and provide a nutrition count you can be happy about.Follow these tips to tease the best flavors from your favorite grilled foods:
Recipe: Grilled Steak Fajitas
- 1 pound Laura’s Lean Beef ribeye steak (may substitute strip, sirloin or flank)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium-hot Poblano pepper, dark green and triangular
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas
- At least two hours before dinner, dust steak with freshly ground black pepper, cumin and chili powder. Let it sit in refrigerator so flavors can penetrate meat.
- Cut peppers into large segments, discarding ribs and seeds. Chop onion into thick slices, making sure not to pull rings apart.
- Place peppers and onion slices on grill over medium heat; cover and roast by turning frequently until covered with dark spots, but not burnt. Remove from grill and allow to cool, about four minutes. Pull off waxy-papery skins of peppers and slice crosswise into strips. Break onion slices into rings and mix with peppers in serving bowl.
- Place steak on the grill, turning frequently. Cook until desired level of doneness. Remove from grill and cut diagonally into thin slices.
- Warm tortillas on edge of grill, keeping them away from direct heat, to warm and soften. Remove from grill.
- Roll several slices of steak and pieces of peppers and onions into tortillas to serve.
Leave a Comment
Leave a Comment