Versatile and Delicious Meal Ideas
(Family Features) Always the convenient go-to option for snack time, grapes from California also bring great taste, texture and added flair to your favorite dishes.From the juicy burst of flavor to the vibrant array of beautiful reds, greens and blacks fresh grapes are a top choice for home cooks and health-conscious eaters alike. While shoppers often choose this tasty fruit for in-between meal snacking, grapes can also boost the healthy factor in recipes, while adding bright, beautiful color to salads, entrees and desserts. They can make any of your favorite dishes healthier, and can make already healthy ones taste even better.California grapes are available May through January. For flavorful, unique ways to add grapes to your meals, visit grapesfromcalifornia.com or facebook.com/grapesfromcalifornia. Or, connect with Grapes from California on pinterest.com/grapesfromCA or twitter.com/grapesfromCA.Smart snacking
Whether its midafternoon or midmorning, reach for grapes whenever you need a quick, convenient snack you can feel good about. They are ready-to-eat with no peeling or coring required. Plus, grapes go where you go theyre easy to pack along to the office, the game, in a lunch or in the car.Here are more reasons to feel great about choosing grapes:
Recipe: Grape, Feta and Mint Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup red seedless California grapes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- Sliced green onion tops (optional garnish)
- Rinse quinoa in fine-mesh sieve. Put in medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with fork. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir together quinoa, grapes, cheese, lemon juice and mint in large bowl. Top with green onions, if desired.
Recipe: Grape and Lentil Salad
- 3 cups green seedless California grapes, halved
- 3 cups chopped English cucumber
- 17.5 ounces (2 1/2 cups) steamed lentils
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced into slivers
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced (about 6 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In large bowl, toss all ingredients together. Serve chilled or at room temperature.