Street closure notes for Brooklyn Half-Marathon and Great GoogaMooga
Tomorrow is a big day for large-scale community events in Brooklyn and Prospect Park is the epicenter for two of them: The Brooklyn Half Marathon and the 2nd Annual Great GoogaMooga. So drivers and pedestrians, beware the following street closures, part of which is also described over at Ditmas Park Corner:
- Washington Avenue between Eastern Parkway and Empire Boulevard
- Empire Boulevard between Washington Avenue and Flatbush Avenue
- Flatbush Avenue between Empire Boulevard and Grand Army Plaza
- Grand Army Plaza (Entire Circle)
- Ocean Avenue between Flatbush Avenue and Parkside Avenue
- Parkside Avenue between Ocean Avenue and Park Circle
Route through Prospect Park:
- West Lake Drive between East Drive and South Lake Drive
- South Lake Drive between West Lake Drive and East Lake Drive
- East Lake Drive between South Lake Drive and East Drive
- West Drive between East Drive and West Lake Drive
Route towards Coney Island:
- Park Circle between South Lake Drive and Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp
- Ocean Parkway between Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp and Surf Avenue
- Surf Avenue between Ocean Parkway and West 12th Street
- Boardwalk between West 10th Street and Stillwell Avenue
Great GoogaMooga doesn’t start until after most runners would have left Prospect Park already, but there may still be some overlap, so if you are going to the park, be prepared for even more crowds than usual.
Security is also being stepped up, particularly post-Boston Marathon bombings, so avoid carrying bags if possible.
Public transportation in the area will be on a regular schedule, except the F train, which will be running express from Church Avenue to Smith/9th Street.
Leave a Comment
Leave a Comment